Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 3

Well, this post will be rather short as it seems as if Layla has really begun to settle in here.  We had an accident-free night and day (Yay!) so I think we have figured out her potty schedule.  She's eating like a champ and trying to get in as much playtime as possible with the other furballs here.  She's also beginning to snuggle with me a little.  I love snuggly puppy dogs...

The more she comes out of her shell the more we see how much of a puppy she really still is.  We have discovered that she loves to chew so we are working with her to teach her which things she's allowed to chew on and which things are off limits to puppy teeth.  We have a basket o'goodies just for the puppy dogs, so she is quickly learning that the things inside that basket are for her enjoyment.  My son has also decided that he needs to share some of his toys with her, so he left a couple of his cars for her to snuggle with in bed.  I'm not sure how comfy it is to snuggle with plastic, but at least Layla seems to not be bothered by the constant noise made by one of Connor's "gifts".  I was wondering why I kept hearing this little Leap Frog car sing and tell me it needed gas - then I realized the car was in the bed with Layla and every time she took a deep breath or shifted a bit, it set the thing off. (Praise the Lord for OFF buttons!)

Anyway, life in Laylaland seems to be good - at least from the human end of things!  We gave Layla a bath today and, though she was a little frightened at first, she seems to feel much better now that she's nice and clean.  And her coat is so soft and shiny! (By the way...let me make a quick plug for Arm & Hammer's Clean & Fresh oatmeal dog shampoo!  Holy cow...I have never found a dog shampoo that completely eliminates that "dog" smell like this one does.  And the fresh scent lasts a really long time!  It also soothed my fur babies' sensitive skin. BUY THIS SHAMPOO.  You'll thank me later.)

So bedtime has come once again in the Myers Household.  Again, I am the last one awake and actually have 3 very tired little doggies asleep at my feet as I type this.  I guess I'll rouse them long enough for all of us to trudge to the bedroom and turn in for the night.  Sweet puppy dreams to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment